The Course Helmet bridges aerodynamics and ventilation for a practical solution for everyday cyclists. By superiorly achieving the utmost in aerodynamics, ventilation, comfort, safety, and design, the Course Helmet is for sure, a winner. Computational Fluid Dynamics Software enabled us to simulate the aerodynamic performance of several helmets on the market. Our analysis determined that it was possible to optimize performance by maximizing the frontal surface of the helmet. In order to reduce this highest pressure zone on the helmet, the front, frontal openings were designed to optimize air follow and evacuate air internally to the back of the helmet. An aerodynamically designed inner-nerve system molded inside of the EPS liner to force air inside the helmet, circulate the rider’s head, and evacuate to through the back of the helmet. Internally molded evacuation channels move the airflow, cool the head, and eliminate moisture. The Course Helmet was designed directly on the head of a rider in a cycling position, so it naturally adapts to the contour of the human head without excess material.
- Construction: In-Mold, 31 vents. Inside evacuation channels. MSB technology reinforces the perimeter for enhanced protection. Aero inner nerve, aero cage designed to optimize aerodynamics.
- Stabilizing system: Spiderlock® Pro II
- Straps: Integrated with inner nerves which distribute the shock of impacts, thus providing support and protection while being lightweight. Pro-lock adjustment
- Padding: X-Static® XT2TM, quick-drying antimicrobial material
- Wind tunnel tested
- Certifications: CPSC-ASTM-CEN
- Weight: 8.8 oz/250 g